The health and safety of our patients is our number 1 priority.
Adelaide Eye & Retina Centre are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have put in place the following measures to ensure we are complying with all global and local government directions.
We have implemented the following:
• Upon entering the building, all visitors and their support person will have their temperature checked and asked the following questions:
o Have you travelled interstate or overseas in the last 14 days?
o Have you been in contact with anyone who has travelled interstate or overseas in the last 14 days?
o Have you been to the Barossa Valley since 14th March 2020?
o Have you been unwell or experienced flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
o Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions you will be refused entry and asked to contact us to reschedule your appointment
• Where possible, we ask that only the patient attend the appointment and all non-essential visitors wait outside. We are happy to contact you at the conclusion of the appointment if you are required to accompany the patient home.
• Adequate hand hygiene stations are available throughout the clinic – please use these as you enter the clinic
• Seating in the waiting areas has been significantly reduced to allow for social distancing
• Wiping down of surfaces in common areas, doctors rooms and patient work-up rooms is being conducted after each patient
• Measures have been put in place at the reception desk to maintain social distancing guidelines and reduce crowding
• Appointments have been reduced to limit the number of people gathering in the waiting rooms.
• We are advising that all non-essential appointments be rescheduled
• We are currently unable to schedule non-urgent/elective surgery. We are still consulting with patients who require surgery; however a date will not be allocated until we have been advised that elective surgery can be recommenced.
Adelaide Eye & Retina Centre are taking every precaution possible to maintain patient health and safety whilst maintaining your essential and ongoing eye care.
For urgent referrals:
(08) 8212 3302
Please email us for less urgent contact:
Adelaide Eye and Retina Centre
18 North Terrace, Adelaide.
We are located on the second floor.
18 North Terrace, Adelaide
Marion Eye and Retina Centre
530 Marion Road, Plympton Park.